What type of system/tablet do I need?
You will need...
- A tablet, Nook, iPad, laptop, smartphone, etc. that can access a wireless server. Today most devices have built in wireless cards, but older models may need to have an external wireless adapter.
- A minimum of 1G memory in order to process materials found on the Internet. Dual processor level or higher.
- An Internet Browser such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer on your device.
- You will be asked to access your Google account which includes a Google Drive where you will be storing many documents/forms/spreadsheets along with other web tools that have online storage of your files, therefore storage on your hard drive is not a big issue. There is no minimum requirement for storage,but please be aware that some class projects may require larger capacity. (flash drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- If you don't have a device available Cary High will make all efforts to give you access to the Internet through a school owned device/computer.
- Students need to have permission to access the Internet and email. If a parent/guardian has previously signed a WCPSS document denying access to these than that student will not be able to participate. This is not something that can be changed at the school level. Changing of the student access status must be done at the county level.
- WCPSS emails and Google accounts are provided by the county for every student at no charge.